Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: PM Doll Question!!!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2006
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a Samantha doll but she has always seemed different from other Sams. Her hair seems darker and heavier and very shiny skin plastic. So I'm wondering: is she a PM?

    If someone could tell me that'd be great. I'm just very curious. I got her in December of 2000 for Christmas as my first doll. There are pictures of her in my imagestation album, listed in my signature. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a PM Samantha and she looks quite different from your Samantha (though that doesn't necessarily mean much.)
    My Sam has a tinier face than my other AG dolls. In person, she is the prettiest doll, but she takes horrid pictures. I guess she is just one those people that looks better in 3D than she does in 2D. Me too. LOL

    Edited to add: You can see my Samantha in my Valentine album. If you click on each picture or do the slide show, the pics will come to full screen size. You might also want to look at the doll I call Mary (red hair, brown eyes.) She is also a PM doll though not quite as old as my Samantha.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 20, 2006 09:32 AM: Message edited by: MaryCarly ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2006
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Haha! lol. It's just I seriously think she's a PM she's just sooooooo different from other Sam's and all my other dolls. Jess, Michelle, and Elizabeth all have softer, lighter hair and are not as chubby. 2000 might have been a switch year and I may have gotten one of the last remaining PM dolls, I'm not sure.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member LindaL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2003
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does your Samantha have a body tag? If so, she's Mattel. If not, she's PM.

    (edited because I did it backwards the first time!)

    Linda

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 20, 2006 09:34 AM: Message edited by: LindaL ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member lorak79's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2005
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    your sam looks like the sams that my two younger cousins got in the early 90's. Dark dark hair and the early shiny like skin. From the pictures she looks PM to me.. very cute!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2006
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alright let me go check......

    No tags! Kinda odd. I thought she was a PM. Oh well, she is probably just an early Mattel version. Thanks guys.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2006
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks! She's kinda neglected though, because she was my first doll and I never pay much attention to her anymore. I ned to get her more outfits! She only has 3 (Including the meet outfit) and I had her for about 5 years now.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2006
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry I keep posting! I keep having brain blocks.

    That is the same for my sister's Felicity. She seems like a PM too. My sister has had for for almost 5 years and has only 1 outfit (The one Lissie came in: Rose Garden gown) those accsessories, and the lamb Posie. So for her brithday I got her Felicity's spring gown and summer gown. I know she'll love them.

    And I can't wait for my birthday! It's in exactly 2 months from today 9My bday is May 20th) and I'm getting the palimino horse! It's a beautiful horse. Now me and my sister will each have our own horse (she's getting Penny soon too, off a gift card)

  9. #9
    Inactive Member calyndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What about the eyelashes? Are they nice and soft or are they crispy like Jess has?

    That is my best guess determining factor about whether a doll is PM or not.

    ~Abby

  10. #10
    Inactive Member LindaL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2003
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No tags! Kinda odd. I thought she was a PM. Oh well, she is probably just an early Mattel version. Thanks guys.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No tags is a pretty sure indication that she is PM!

    Linda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •